Community College of Allegheny County (CCAC)

Community College of Allegheny County


Grants are awarded based on financial need. The most common grants are awarded by state and federal agencies. 

Pell Grant

This federal grant program is awarded to undergraduate students with demonstrated financial need. The amount is determined by the student's expected family contribution (EFC) as calculated by the results of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). For the 2012–2013 year, the maximum amount is $5,500. Students trying to determine if they meet eligibility criteria for grade level progression should know grade level progression as defined by the college is 30+ credits.


The Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) is a campus-based, federally funded aid program that awards funds to Pell Grant recipients with high financial need. The award normally ranges from $100 up to $600 per academic year and is determined annually by the funding level.  

PHEAA State Grant

This state grant is awarded to Pennsylvania residents that are undergraduate students who are attending at least half-time (six credits), in a two year degree seeking program, and have demonstrated financial need as determined by PHEAA. Students are required to maintain satisfactory academic progress according to the guidelines set forth by PHEAA to receive the award each year. Note: Deadline dates apply.

If you are applying for or receiving a grant from the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency PHEAA) please note that at least half of your class schedule must be for classes that are fully offered on a campus/center. In addition, your program of study also needs to have at least half of its courses offered fully on a campus/center. If you are uncertain how this PHEAA policy relates to your class schedule, please contact the director of Financial Aid at the campus of your choice.

Note: students with medical disabilities as defined by the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) of July 1990 (PL 101-336) may request an accommodation to the 50% in-classroom instruction enrollment requirement of the Pennsylvania state grant program. The ADA Accommodation Request Form may be found online.  

Back to top