The following information will acquaint you with the process of registering for summer courses at CCAC. Specific information, including the Summer 2013 Academic Calendar, course offerings and payment schedule will be available on January 25, 2013.
As a visiting college student you can enroll in summer courses at CCAC to:
With the choice of six summer sessions available on the Academic Calendar,
CCAC offers the ideal environment to enhance your studies.
1. Find the course(s) you want or need to take at CCAC. The 2013 summer information will be available January 25, 2013.
2. Get permission from your current college or university to enroll in CCAC summer classes and ensure transferability of credit for the course(s) you take at CCAC.
3. Submit an Application for Admission through CCAC CCAC Central e-Services. Log in as a "prospective student." When selecting a program, use "001 Non-CCAC Student," not the academic program at your home school. The online application will email you, within ten minutes, a confirmation of the information you submitted. CCAC will send you an acceptance letter by US Mail or by email depending on what you request on the application. You can continue this process without waiting for the letter.
Registration for summer 2013 classes opens February 4, 2013.
Visiting students new to CCAC may NOT register online. You must register in-person at any of the campus Registration and Advisement offices or via fax or mail. Refer to step #3 below for details.
1. Check the college catalog to determine if the course(s) you want has a prerequisite(s). If there is a prerequisite and you have completed it at your current or another college, at the time of registration you must submit an unofficial copy of your transcript showing successful completion (grade of at least a C-) of the prerequisite course(s). Students who have previously taken the pre-requisite course/courses at CCAC may register online. (The online system will be checking those pre-requisites). For more detailed information on a course, refer to the Master Course Syllabi.
2. Select a location. The campus you select will become your “home campus.” For your convenience, select the campus where your summer class(es) will be offered. Campus locations and contact information.
Take a virtual tour of each campus at CCAC Online Tour.
3. Complete a registration form. Visiting students new to CCAC may NOT register online. You must complete a Registration Form and present it in person, by fax or by mail to the college location most convenient for you.
Include a copy of your current driver's license. Fax or mail your form well in advance of the deadline date to ensure your registration can be processed before the deadline as published on the academic calendar. Faxed and mailed registrations received after the deadline dates, as published on the academic calendar, will NOT be processed.
|CCAC–North Campus |
Registration & Advisement Services
8701 Perry Highway
Pittsburgh, PA 15237
Registration & Advisement Services
1750 Clairton Road
West Mifflin, PA 15122
4. Pay your tuition by the deadline shown on the Payment Instructions Sheet. Payment due dates are available for the current semester.
If you are interested in financial aid, contact the Financial Aid office at your home institution. Students must satisfy all tuition and fees (generally at the time of registration). CCAC accepts several forms of payment.
CCAC does not mail grades to students. All current and visiting students need to establish an account on CCAC Central e-Services to secure grades at the end of the term. See CCAC Central instructions for viewing grades and requesting official transcripts to be sent to your home institution.