virtually any topic, fact or fiction. For research purposes, you
will probably be looking for books that synthesize all the information
on one topic.
and store their book collections on shelves called "stacks."
Some books are now available on the Web
Use a Book
- when looking for a lot of information on a topic
- to put your topic in context with other important issues
- to find historical information
- to find summaries of research to support an argument
- Green, Peter.
The Hellenistic Age: A History
- Carooll, Jamuna.
America's Youth, 2008.
- Saba, Virginia K. Essentials of Nursing Informatics, 2006.