Courtesy of CCAC Emergency Management and College Safety & Security
In accordance with CCAC’s obligations under the Clery Act, this notice is being issued to inform you that a number of students attending in-person classes and employees working on-site over the last several months at CCAC have tested positive for COVID–19. This information was self-reported by the individuals. Confirmed positive cases are required to self-quarantine as per ACHD and CDC guidance. Members of the college community who may have come into close contact with individuals who tested positive may be contacted directly by the college’s contact tracer and will be provided with further information and instructions. Classrooms and other areas in which the positive individual may have been present have been cleaned and sanitized in accordance with the college’s COVID-19 safety protocols.
Important information regarding COVID-19 prevention, symptoms, testing and more is available through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.
As a reminder, all members of the college community should continue to follow all health and safety protocols, including:
- wearing a face covering that meets CDC guidelines when on college grounds;
- maintaining physical (social) distancing in classrooms and throughout college facilities;
- washing your hands frequently (for at least 20 seconds) with soap and warm water;
- using hand sanitizer, which is available from stations located throughout the college;
- monitoring your health for symptoms in accordance with the CCAC Self-Screening Questionnaire; and
- staying home if sick.