UPMC is proud to partner with the Community College of Allegheny County (CCAC) to bring more skilled CT Technologists to our region. Get paid, hands-on experience as a CT Tech with UPMC while you complete classes at CCAC - at no cost to you!
Braddock Hills Center
Welcome to the Community College of Allegheny County Braddock Hills center, located just a few minutes from the Forest Hills or Wilkinsburg Exits of the Parkway (I-376 East/West).
Located in the Braddock Hills Shopping Center, 250 Yost Boulevard, the state-of-the-art instructional facility contains seven classrooms, three computer labs and a Smart room.
What do students have to say about why they chose CCAC Braddock Hills Center?
The Braddock Hills center serves a greater metropolitan area including the communities of Braddock, Braddock Hills, Churchill, Edgewood, Forest Hills, North Braddock, Rankin, Swissvale, Turtle Creek, Wilkinsburg and Wilkins Twp., among others.
It is conveniently located to public transportation and all the amenities of a suburban environment - restaurants, banks and grocery stores with lots of free parking.
Courses offered at the center are a strong foundation for any of CCAC's certificate or degree programs. Students can take a number of college classes including math, English, history, psychology and a variety of general electives. In addition to regularly scheduled credit classes, the center offers Community Education courses and opportunities for customized workforce job training for corporations and businesses.
Coming Soon to Braddock Hills and Washington County Centers for Spring 2021: Comp TIA. For more information, call 412-271-0201 or 724-223-1012 respectively.
Launch Your CT Tech Career with UPMC
Career Preparation & Training Program
Free Training for Allegheny County residents. The Career Preparation and Training Program is a three-phase, non-credit program
designed to assist job seekers explore in-demand career fields.
Phase I - Career Preparation and Development: the student will assess and build on current skills. (virtual)
Start Date: October 5, 2021
End Date: November 11, 2021
Days: Tuesday and Thursday
Time: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Duration: 6 weeks
* Basic computer skills are required: virtual Zoom classroom, Microsoft Word
Phase II - Career Training: after successfully completing Phase I the student will be eligible for free training in one of the following programs:
- Certified Nursing Assistant (on Campus)
- A+ Certification (hybrid)
- Health Information Technology(virtual)
- Microsoft Office (hybrid)
- Industrial Manufacturing Technician (hybrid)
CCAC Now Offers Virtual Courses for Certified Technologists
CCAC is pleased to announce a new and exciting opportunity for certified radiologic technologists to earn continuing education units (CEs).
For Spring 2022, CCAC will be offering five virtual courses that can be completed
at any time of day or night, seven days a week. These courses will meet the structural
education requirements necessary to qualify to apply for the national certification
CCAC will also be conducting a mammography clinical course to provide students with the chance to experience hands-on training within a mammography suite.
These credit-bearing classes may be eligible for tuition reimbursement or third-party sponsorship—check with your employer.
SPRING 2022 COURSES
- MRI Safety*
- Diagnostic Procedures for Medical Imaging of the Breast*
- Patient Care for Mammography Procedures*
- Understanding Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA)*
- Mammography Clinical Applications and Training**
- Mammography National Board Review for Technologists
*Classes open to any certified technologist recognized by the ARRT and/or any certified
radiographer or current certified mammographer.
**Additional charges for clinical course.
CCAC Now Offers A+ Certification Program
The 14-week A+ Certification Program is considered the industry standard for launching
an IT career. It builds
skills in computer hardware and operating systems, including installation and support, troubleshooting,
security, networking, mobile devices, operational procedures and more.
Landscape Management Apprenticeship Program
The Landscape Management Apprenticeship Program provides:
- 144 hours of in-person classroom instruction
- 2,000 hours of on-the-job training
- Employment opportunities after successful completion of the training
- A starting wage of $14 to $15 per hour with potential for increases every three months
- Possible employer gain-sharing plans
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Successfully pass a criminal background check and drug test for employment
- Pay tuition of $250*
* In most cases, the tuition will be paid by the sponsoring employer. The student will also be paid an hourly apprenticeship stipend.
For more information, please go to Landscape Management Apprenticeship Program