Advancing Diversity at Community Colleges: Constructing a CDO Playbook
September 22–24, 2021
CCAC will host the inaugural Community College Diversity Institute, a virtual experience designed for Chief Diversity Officers at the nation’s community colleges. Convener of the conference will be Coopwood Diversity Leadership & Education Universal (Coop Di Leu).
Headlining the opening plenary session “Diversity and Social Justice” will be author, professor and anti-racist activist Ibram X. Kendi. Director of the Boston University Center for Antiracist Research, Kendi is one of the nation’s most prolific and accomplished young professors of race, writing for and speaking to both scholarly and general audiences.
The institute will also include the following sessions:
- Diversity Paradigm-Shifting at Community Colleges
- Advancing Diversity for Special Student Populations
- Title IX: Critical Issues Facing Community Colleges
- Advancing Diversity Leadership
- Partnering for Advancement: the CDO & HR
- “What would a CDO do?”
- The Role of the CDO and the College President
- Playbook Presentations