Honors In Action
Presentation for Phi Theta Kappa Chapter, Alpha Iota Eta
CCAC South 2018.
The CCAC Honors Program
The CCAC Honors Program unites outstanding students and Honors faculty in the pursuit of academic excellence and the development of personal potential for communication, presentation and leadership skills.
The Honors Program offers participatory classroom activities that help develop critical thinking skills and independent investigation, increased involvement in college and community service learning projects and participation in regional and national honors conferences.
Benefits Of Membership
- An opportunity to take Honors courses with other Honors students at CCAC
- An opportunity to change any course into an Honors Program course by contracts with faculty
- In-county tuition reimbursement for all successfully completed Honors classes for students not fully funded by another source
- An opportunity to apply for full-tuition Leadership in Honors scholarship
- Honors Resource Room on each campus-space for studying, gathering, snacking and working
- Extracurricular enhancements, such as field trips, speaker series, social and cultural events, regional and national Honors conferences and international study
- Notation of Honors course credits and Honors degree on transcript
- Priority registration for Honors students
- Low student-teacher ratio in Honors classes
Honors Program Mission
- collaborative, active learning
- independent investigation
- cultural enrichment and sensitivity
- creative and critical thought
- leadership development
- service to others