Attention: In-person tutoring services have been temporarily suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Remote tutoring services hours and information can be found here.
Free tutoring services are offered through the LLS (Library and Learning Services)
departments at Allegheny, Boyce, North and South campuses. These services are for
CCAC students taking credit courses. Both in-house (face-to-face) and online tutoring
services are available regardless of where in the system students take their courses.
To get further information on individual campus in-house tutoring services, please
call the campus numbers listed below.
In-house Tutoring Services
Each campus provides slightly different in-house services in terms of hours of operation, courses for which tutoring help is offered, workshop availability and procedures for making appointments.
Centers: Students who are interested in tutoring services should contact the learning centers at the appropriate campus.
Hours and Locations
|North Campus Library
2nd Floor, Room 2102
|West Hills Center
|412.369.3717||West Hills Schedule|
Ten hours of free online tutoring per semester is offered to all CCAC students and will be particularly useful for students who are not able to use the in-house facilities. Through our partnership with SMARTHINKING, CCAC is able to offer live tutoring anytime, from anywhere. Students will receive real-time assistance in math, chemistry, bilingual math, physics, organic chemistry, biology, intro to anatomy and physiology, economics, introductory finance, accounting and statistics. Writing support for all subjects is also provided through the online writing lab.
Once logged in to Smarthinking, verify your authentication:
- Access the Manage Account Tab from the Smarthinking Dashboard
- Click on Profile
- Verify your CCAC Academic Email Address
- Fill in your profile; click Save.
Get the Tutoring Help You Need Now
Tutoring is a free service available to all students enrolled in credit courses. When they arrive for the first time, students will be required to register online with Appointment Central, which is done each time you visit. Once registered with Appointment Central, students may sign up for 50 minute time slots to meet with a tutor.
- Be prepared! Have all necessary texts and materials with you.
- We do not do your homework for you or act as an editing service, so do your homework and mark those areas that gave you trouble.
- Write down any specific questions you have.
- Regular sessions are 50 minutes in duration.
- If you need to cancel or if you will be late, call ahead.
- If you are more than 10 minutes late without calling, someone else can take your appointment.
- You can take the place of a "no-show" 10 minutes past the hour.
- Appointments can be scheduled two per week for two consecutive weeks.
- If you consistently cancel appointments you will lose permission to make appointments.