Landscaping Professional Training
This four-week training program teaches landscaping and design basics so students
can successfully gain employment in the landscaping field. Training topics include
how to safely use the tools of the trade; turf, plant and bed maintenance; plant taxonomy;
pesticide safety; plant installation and design;life skills; and communication. Skilled
landscaping and design industry professionals will provide hands- on training, and
students will apply the skills they have learn ed on an actual landscape project.
The Landscaping Professional Training program begins Monday, February 18, and ends Thursday,March 14. Classes meet Monday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. u ntil 3:00 p.m. The first two weeks will consist of classroom training at the Energy Innovation Center (EIC), 1435 Bedford Avenue, in the Hill District. The EIC is conveniently located to downto wn Pittsburgh with accessible public transportation and free parking.
The Landscaping Professional Training program provides:
• Four weeks of training
• Employment after successful completion of the training
• A starting wage of $12-$15 per hour with potential increases every three months
• Possible employer gain-sharing plans
• Be at least 18 years of age
• Successfully pass a criminal background check for employment
• Pay tuition of $279 (scholarships are available)