About Dual Enrollment

Are you still in high school, but looking to get ahead? Start your college education early at CCAC!

The CCAC Dual Enrollment Program allows teenagers to take college-level classes while they're in high school. Students gain valuable college experience - and earn valuable college credits - before they even finish their high school diploma.

Credits earned through Dual Enrollment can be used to earn a CCAC certificate or degree. Students can also transfer credits to a four-year institution to continue their education elsewhere.

Why Start College at CCAC?

  • Accessible: As an open enrollment institution, CCAC does not require entrance examinations - and there is no fee to apply.
  • Transferrable: CCAC is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, so our credits transfer to hundreds of colleges and universities across the country.
  • Affordable: CCAC offers high-quality courses at a fraction of the tuition of other colleges and universities. No matter where students complete their college education, they can save thousands of dollars by starting at CCAC.
  • Convenient: CCAC has four campuses and three centers across Allegheny County, plus a Virtual Campus for online learning.
  • Meaningful: By completing introductory classes before your freshman year, you can free up your schedule during college. Then you can use the extra time to minor in another subject, pursue extracurricular activities, find a part-time job, or graduate early.

What Options Are Available?

This is the most flexible option, suitable for self-directed high schoolers. Students meet one-on-one with one of CCAC's academic advisors to select courses that match their individual interests and goals.

CCAC's University Academy is ideal for high schoolers who are preparing to pursue a degree. The program provides a two-year pathway to complete the college courses that are foundational for most degree programs, enabling students to transfer smoothly to a wide range of colleges and universities.

Learn more about the University Academy

This program allows high schoolers in Allegheny County to study one of three professional tracks: Accounting, Business or Computer Information Technology. Students may take just a few classes, or complete an entire college certificate. These certificates provide an excellent foundation for students to either continue their education or join the workforce directly.

The BNY Mellon Early College Program is completely free to eligible students in Allegheny County! All tuition, fees and books are funded by a generous grant from the BNY Mellon Foundation of Southwestern Pennsylvania.

Learn more about the BNY Mellon Early College Program

Who is Eligible?

Dual Enrollment is open to high schoolers in 11th and 12th grade (or the home-school equivalent).

Students who are not yet in 11th grade may also apply if they provide a written recommendation letter from a school counselor, teacher or principal. These students also need to take all three placement exams regardless of what course(s) the student wants to enroll. This will be reviewed by a committee of CCAC representatives, who will recommend an admission decision.

Enrollment Steps

This is the application process for standard Dual Enrollment. To learn more about applying to the University Academy or BNY Mellon Early College Program, please visit their webpages.

Complete Your Admissions Application

As a dual enrollment student to CCAC, the first step to enrolling is easy! Simply complete the admissions application.

Complete the Dual Enrollment Parent/Guardian Authorization Form

The second step is to complete and submit the CCAC Dual Enrollment Parent/Guardian Authorization Form.

Create your CCAC NETID and Password

Once admitted to CCAC creating your CCAC NetID username and password will allow you to access important college resources—like CCAC Self-Service to plan your courses and view financial aid, the MyCCAC portal and more!

Create Your NETID


Need Help?

Register for a zoom meeting and we can provide assistance

Send your transcript to CCAC

If you graduated from high school within the last five years and had an overall graduating GPA of 2.7 or higher, email your last semester/final high school transcript to dualenrollment@ccac.edu.

Another college? Send your official transcript from each college you attended to transcripts@ccac.edu.

Note to Seniors in high school: Have your transcript sent ONLY after the first two grading periods or first semester of your senior year. Any transcript sent without those grades and GPA on it cannot be used for placement test exemptions.

Prepare for Placement Tests

As a new student, you may need to take several placement tests before you register for classes.

These tests are not an entrance exam. They simply help you choose the right classes so you can succeed in college.

These tests are offered online, so you can take them anytime, anywhere.

Our Placement Testing page includes information about exemptions and accommodations, registration links, and additional resources.

Note to Seniors in high school: Have your transcript sent ONLY after the first two grading periods or first semester of your senior year. Any transcript sent without those grades and GPA on it cannot be used for placement test exemptions.

Visit Placement Testing

Visit the Registration Welcome Center for Advising & Registration 

  • To ensure the information that we have for you is on file, check in with the Registration Welcome Center to initiate or reactivate your academic record. Please have your Photo ID and proof of permanent residence with you when you join the Welcome Center.
  • Once connected, you will join the waiting room and be invited in to work with a Registration staff member as soon as one becomes available.

Visit the Virtual Welcome Center



Meet with an Academic Advisor to discuss your course plan and courses to take. 

Pay for Classes

Log in to the Online Student Account Center to pay for your classes. Visit the Tuition & Cost page to see the payment due dates. You can also click to view the complete listing of tuition and fees.

Online Student Account Center

CCAC Wild Cat Welcome Week 

Wild Cat Welcome Week is our in-person student orientation. It is the best time to get familiar with your campus, learn about services available to you, and find out any information you are looking for. 

If you have any questions or need help, please contact us for assistance.

*Please note if you choose to take dual enrollment courses in future semesters you do not need to reapply.