Admissions and Enrollment
As an open-admissions institution, CCAC does not require college entrance examinations. To enroll as a full-time student, applicants must have a high school diploma or Pennsylvania GED certificate or must be at least 18 years of age with experience reasonably equivalent to a GED.
Notice: During the suspension of on-campus instruction due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), Admissions services will be available remotely. We will not be hosting visitors at the campuses or centers. All are encouraged to take advantage of our Virtual Chat Sessions to meet with Admissions representatives, ask questions about the enrollment process and learn more about what CCAC has to offer. Our online Prospective Student Orientation is always available to discover more about CCAC!
How to Apply & Enroll
- Complete your admissions application
- Apply for financial aid by submitting your FAFSA form available online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Complete Online Orientation. First-time degree, certificate and diploma seeking students are required to complete an online student orientation before registering for classes.
- Review placement testing information and exemptions.
- Meet with an academic advisor virtually to discuss your education plan and register for classes. New students and students in several other categories are required to meet with an academic advisor.
- Pay for classes. A complete listing of tuition and fees can be found here.
- Send your final transcripts, including high school/GED and any college transcripts, to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Join an Admissions Virtual Chat!
Virtual Open House & Information Sessions
CCAC's Virtual Open House requires registration but is open to all members of the community, including prospective and current students, family members and friends. Whether you are thinking of starting your college career, dropping in for one or two classes over the summer, or returning to finish your degree, you can get it done and have a little fun at this virtual open house experience!
CCAC's Information Sessions enable prospective students to learn about our programs, application process and opportunities available at CCAC. They offer the opportunity to hear from and engage with Admissions representatives, and typically involve a presentation and question-and-answer period.
|Allegheny Campus||412.237.2511||Monday - Friday||8:00am - 4:30pm|
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Specialty Programs and Limited Enrollment
Admission to the College does not constitute admission to certain programs. Enrollment in these programs is limited by the availability of additional factors. If you indicate a preference for one of these limited enrollment programs, you will be sent complete information on the process you must follow to apply.
In order to be accepted to the Community College of Allegheny County and issued an I-20, international students must complete and submit the international students application packet. As a reminder, each of the forms can be found on the International Student page. Please contact the Office of International Students for the international application deadlines. An I-20 (application for student visa) will be issued to the student once all documents have been processed. International students must also provide proof of English proficiency.