About The Nurse Aide Training Program
Nurse's aides, also known as nursing assistants, provide direct care to patients. They may feed and bathe patients, help rotate them in bed, and may even administer medications. They may assist patients with exercise, such as going for a walk, and they may also help prepare medical equipment for tests. They work under the supervision of nurses. Roughly 37% of nurse's aides worked in nursing care facilities as of 2020, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. 30% worked in hospitals, and 11% worked in retirement communities.
The Nurse Aide Training program is approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education. It is designed to prepare students for successful completion of course work and passing of the certification exam.
Spring Semester Nurse Aide Information and Course Schedule
Listed below are the upcoming Nurse Aide Training courses. Before registering for a course, please attend the Information Session closest to your Course date, found here. Registration is not required for Information sessions. Dates are subject to change.
- April 10th - Boyce Campus
- May 30th - Braddock Hills Center
- July 10th - Braddock Hills Center
- July 31st - Boyce Campus
- August 14th - Braddock Hills
- September 11th - Boyce Campus
Nurse Aide Training Admission Requirements
- High school diploma or GED.
- Physical exam and two Mantoux (TB) tests. All students must use the CCAC Physical Form. No other physical form will be accepted (Physical Form).
- All students must provide proof of residency Verification of Pennsylvania Residency
- PA State Police CHRI (Prohibitive Offenses Form) is required for all students Student Identification Form. If the student has not resided in Pennsylvania for the past two years a FBI check is required. It is the responsibility of the student to obtain the FBI check (FBI Forms). Contact the Nurse Aide office for info at 412.237.4470 or 412.237.4471.
- Student uniforms, consisting of white scrub tops and pants, white shoes and a watch with a second hand.
- Must be TABE tested
- Attend Nurse Aide Training Information Session prior to starting a class.
- Uniforms are required beginning the first day of class.
All Nurse Aide Program candidates must attend an Information Session. The session will serve two functions; first, students will learn the roles and responsibilities of a nurse practitioner and second, to learn about the nurse aide admission requirements. Registration for Information Sessions is not required, but please attend the session closest to your intended course date.
Upcoming Information Sessions*
- May 8
- May 22
- June 5
- June 12
- June 26
- July 10
- July 17
- August 7
- August 21
* All sessions will be held at Allegheny Campus, West Hall Room 142 at 1:00 pm
Required documents to bring with you to the Information Session (you must have the copies in-hand)
- High School diploma or GED.
- Pennsylvania residency, two forms of proof.
- Bring a copy of your COVID vaccination card.**
** This is not required for CCAC campuses, but is required for our clinical sites
$1949. Includes cost of books, workbook and PA background clearances. Other costs associated with the Nurse Aid program include a watch with a second hand, white scrubs, white sneakers, and a physical from a medical care taker.
Financial Aid is not available for this program; however, below are resources than could possibly over assistance.
A Pennsylvania Department of Human Services (DHS) program designed to help TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) and SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, formerly known as Food Stamps) recipients succeed in community college.
If you are a CCAC student who receives TANF or SNAP benefits, you may qualify to participate in the KEYS program at CCAC. To learn about, apply for, or renew human services benefits (including TANF and SNAP) online, visit the PA Compass website. To learn more about KEYS, please see our brochure.
Pennsylvania Career Link
PA CareerLink® Pittsburgh provides reemployment and training services to enhance employability of Pittsburgh and Allegheny County residents.
For More Information Contact:
- [email protected]
595 Beatty Road,
Monroeville, PA 15146
Health Programs Coordinator Nurse Aide Training Program
- [email protected]
Jones Hall, Ridge Ave,
Pittsburgh, PA 15212