About AACC Plus 50 Encore Completion Program
Are you over the age of 50 and attending CCAC? Consider joining AACC Plus 50 Encore Program!
Why Should Plus 50 Students Join?
- Completing a degree or certificate is the key to opening new doors. Going back to school and earning your college degree or certificate in health care, education, and social services paves the way to opportunities for new jobs and career advancement.
- Earning a degree or certificate is easier than ever. If you are thinking about getting your degree or certificate, you won't be starting at square one. Under the Plus 50 Encore Completion Program, adult students can gain credits for past education and work experience.
- It is a great time to come back. As the economy recovers, getting your degree or certificate can help increase your earning potential. The Plus 50 Encore Completion Program offers courses tailored to your needs, making it is easier than ever to finish what you started.
- You have support. Community colleges offer the support and flexibility you need to reach your goals, from diverse courses of study and accommodating class schedules to help with financial aid.
- Distinguish yourself from the competition. It takes older workers longer to find jobs than their younger counterparts, and workers with limited education have higher rates of unemployment and greater difficulty finding and securing employment. Your community college degree or certificate will give you the edge you need to succeed.
- You're not alone. Thousands of plus 50 adults are heading back to community colleges to gain additional training, learn new skills, and complete their degrees or certificates in health care, education, and social services fields.
- Give back to your community. Through rewarding careers in health care, education, and social services, you can make a big difference in the lives of others by giving back to your community.
- Put your passion to work. Encore careers allow you to find personal fulfillment in high-demand fields that create social impact for the greater good. Community colleges provide the guidance and support for social activism in value careers that give back.
Why Should Employers & Businesses Invest in Their Workers?
- Invest in your workers. Community colleges make it easier than ever for plus 50 adults to complete a degree or earn a certificate. Refer your plus 50 workers for retraining or to gain the additional skills and credentials necessary to advance their careers in health care, education, and social services.
- Look to plus 50 graduates as your future employees. Plus 50 adults are a valuable addition to local businesses, offering substantial work experience, knowledge, and professional maturity coupled with community college credentials.
- Contribute to a national goal. President Obama wants America to lead the world in the percentage of college graduates by 2020. Support employees who are eager to return to school, and help them join the 8.2 million additional graduates required to meet that goal 5 million of whom are expected to attend community colleges.